New Brunswick, NJ Assault by Auto Attorney
In New Jersey, assault by auto charges are very serious offenses. Many assault by auto allegations are the result of car accidents involving allegations of DWI. Regardless of the circumstances of the assault by auto charges or the location of the court, our New Jersey assault by auto defense attorneys will fight for you to achieve the results you want for you and your family!
With an office in New Brunswick, our criminal defense attorneys are easy to reach from anywhere in New Jersey. Call us today to begin your aggressive defense.
Our New Jersey criminal defense attorneys have a long track record of successfully defending clients charged with a wide variety of assault charges. When presented by an aggressive, capable and experienced lawyer, defenses such as accident, contributory negligence, and fault of the victim can be used to defeat the charges against you.
2C:12-1c(1) A person is guilty of assault by auto or vessel when the person drives a vehicle or vessel recklessly and causes either serious bodily injury or bodily injury to another. Assault by auto or vessel is a crime of the fourth degree if serious bodily injury results and is a disorderly persons offense if bodily injury results.
(2) Assault by auto or vessel is a crime of the third degree if the person drives the vehicle while in violation of 39:4-50 or 39:4-50.4a and serious bodily injury results and is a crime of the fourth degree if the person drives the vehicle while in violation of 39:4-50 or 39:4-50.4a and bodily injury results.
(3) Assault by auto or vessel is a crime of the second degree if serious bodily injury results from the defendant operating the auto or vessel while in violation of 39:4-50 or 39:4-50.4a while:
(a) on any school property used for school purposes which is owned by or leased to any elementary or secondary school or school board, or within 1,000 feet of such school property;
(b) driving through a designated school crossing
(c) driving through a non-designated school crossing knowing that juveniles are present.
Assault by auto or vessel is a crime of the third degree if bodily injury results from the defendant operating the auto or vessel in violation of this paragraph.
Our New Jersey assault by auto lawyers can represent you with regard to any of these assault charges:
- Simple Assault
- Aggravated Assault
- Pointing a Firearm
- Assault by Auto
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Endangering an Injured Victim
- Reckless Endangerment
- Terroristic Threats
- Disarming a Law Enforcement Officer
- Throwing Bodily Fluid