New Jersey Drug Distribution on Public Property Lawyers
2C:35-7.1. Park Zone
Drug crimes account for the vast majority of cases in New Jersey courts. In addition to possible incarceration, defendants convicted of and CDS crime in New Jersey face 6 to 24 months of driver’s license suspension, a criminal record and high fines. Our New Jersey CDS defense attorneys will fight for you regardless of what type of possession or distribution charge you are facing. With four offices in New Jersey, our CDS defense attorneys can represent you in any court in New Jersey. For more than 35 years, we have fought for thousands of clients and successfully defended them against all New Jersey CDS charges.
Our New Jersey CDS defense attorneys can represent you in any court in New Jersey with regard to any of these charges:
- Possession of Marijuana, 2C:35-10A(4)
- Distribution of Marijuana, 2C:35-5b(10)
- Drug Paraphernalia, 2C:36-2
- Possession of Hypodermic Needle, 2C:36-6
- Possession of CDS, 2C:35-10
- Possession of Prescription Drugs, 2C:35-24
- Possession With Intent, 2C:35-5
- School Zone, 2C:35-7
- Distribution on Public Property, 2C:35-7.1
- Maintaining a CDS Production Facility, 2C:35-4
- Manufacturing Flunitrazepam, 2C:35-5.3
- Possession of Flunitrazepam, 2C:35-10.3
- Manufacturing Gamma Hydroxybutyrate, 2C:35-5.2
- Possession of Gamma Hydroxybutyrate, 2C:35-10.2
- Meth, 2C:35-5b(9)
- Obtaining CDS by Fraud, 2C:35-13
- Drug-Induced Deaths, 2C:35-9
- Employing a Juvenile in Drug Distribution, 2C:35-6
- Leader of Narcotics Trafficking Network, 2C:35-3
- LSD, 2C:35-5b(7)
2C:35-7.1. Park Zone/Public Housing
a. Any person who violates subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:35-5 by distributing, dispensing or possessing with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance or controlled substance analog while in, on or within 500 feet of the real property comprising a public housing facility, a public park, or a public building is guilty of a crime of the second degree, except that it is a crime of the third degree if the violation involved less than one ounce of marijuana.
b. It shall be no defense to a prosecution for violation of this section that the actor was unaware that the prohibited conduct took place while on or within 500 feet of a public housing facility, a public park, or a public building.
c. Notwithstanding the provisions of N.J.S.2C:1-8 or any other provisions of law, a conviction arising under this section shall not merge with a conviction for a violation of subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:35-5 (manufacturing, distributing or dispensing) or N.J.S.2C:35-6 (employing a juvenile in a drug distribution scheme). Nothing in this section shall be construed to preclude or limit a prosecution or conviction for a violation of N.J.S.2C:35-7 or any other offense defined in this chapter.
From Newark to Trenton, Jersey City to Atlantic City, our CDS defense lawyers will fight you in any court in New Jersey. With an office in New Brunswick, our team of tough, smart criminal defense lawyers are easy to reach from anywhere in New Jersey. Call us today to begin the fight against your New Jersey drug charges!
Contact Jack Venturi Law to speak with an experienced lawyer regarding your case.
Free Initial Consultations
All major credit cards accepted
Weekend and evening appointments available