New Brunswick DUI / DWI Defense Lawyers
NJ Drunk Driving, Municipal Court, and Traffic Offense Attorneys
There is no difference between a DUI and a DWI in New Jersey. If a person with a BAC of 0.08% or greater operates a motor vehicle or a boat, they are considered to be driving under the influence (DUI). All it takes is a properly administered blood alcohol reading to be convicted of a DUI. The charges associated with this offense are largely based on the amount of alcohol in your system and whether or not you have any prior DUI convictions.
However, breath test readings are not always accurate and traffic stops aren’t always performed by the book. You could very well be convicted of a DUI based on inaccurate evidence.
If you are facing charges or allegations of a DUI / DWI, you need a criminal defense attorney with experience.
If your child has been accused of a crime it is important that neither you or your children answer questions, make statements or consent to searches by law enforcement.
Call 732-247-3340 today for a
free 30 minute consultation.
As one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in New Jersey, Jack Venturi will build an effective and aggressive case on your behalf. His team of highly skilled DUI attorneys will dissect the details of your traffic stop. Was there just cause for the stop? How was sobriety determined? If you consented to a breathalyzer, was the test administered and read properly? Our defense team is your best chance at avoiding a conviction. A DUI is taken very seriously in New Jersey and comes with some hefty penalties such as:
- Fines, fees and surcharges
- License suspension
- Ignition interlock device
- Jail time
- Community service
Our DUI attorneys can represent you in any court in New Jersey, including Edison, Elizabeth, Somerville, Princeton, Woodbridge, Newark, Hopewell, Pennington, Trenton, Hightstown, East Windsor, Robbinsville, Hamilton, West Windsor, Lawrence and Ewing.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a DUI, you need the right defense lawyer — right away. Call Jack Venturi Law at 732-247-3340 today.
New Jersey DUI Statute § NJSA 39:4 – 50
At Jack Venturi Law, our New Jersey Defense Lawyers will vigorously defend you in Municipal Court against Traffic Offense charges as well as the following common criminal offenses:
- Simple Assault, N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1(a)
- Criminal Mischief , N.J.S.A. 2C:17-3
- Trespassing, Defiant Trespass, N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3
- Hazing, N.J.S.A. 2C:40-3
- Shoplifting, N.J.S.A. 2C:20-11
- Obstruction, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-1
- Resisting Arrest, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-2
- Hindering Apprehension, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-3
- Contempt, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-9
- Disorderly Conduct, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2
- Harassment N.J.S.A. 2C:33-4
- Vandalism, Graffiti, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-10, 2C:33-11
- Maintaining a Nuisance, 2C:33-12
- Underage Possession of Alcohol, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-15
- Loitering to Obtain CDS, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2.1
- Providing Alcohol to Minors, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-17
- Smoking in Public, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-13