New Jersey Identity Theft Defense
New Brunswick Identity Theft Attorney
Computer crime in New Jersey is serious and getting an attorney that knows the technology, the law and computer forensics may be the difference between winning and losing. At Jack Venturi Law, our New Jersey attorneys know how to fight for you to get results. When looking for a identity theft defense attorney, you have to decide if you want an attorney that doesn’t even know how to turn on a computer, or an attorney that had the experience and dedication that is necessary for your case.
If your child has been accused of a crime it is important that neither you or your children answer questions, make statements or consent to searches by law enforcement.
Call 732-247-3340 today for a
free 30 minute consultation.
2C:21-17. Impersonation; theft of identity
a. A person is guilty of an offense if the person:
(1) Impersonates another or assumes a false identity and does an act in such assumed character or false identity for the purpose of obtaining a benefit for himself or another or to injure or defraud another;
(2) Pretends to be a representative of some person or organization and does an act in such pretended capacity for the purpose of obtaining a benefit for himself or another or to injure or defraud another;
(3) Impersonates another, assumes a false identity or makes a false or misleading statement regarding the identity of any person, in an oral or written application for services, for the purpose of obtaining services;
(4) Obtains any personal identifying information pertaining to another person and uses that information, or assists another person in using the information, in order to assume the identity of or represent himself as another person, without that person’s authorization and with the purpose to fraudulently obtain or attempt to obtain a benefit or services, or avoid the payment of debt or other legal obligation or avoid prosecution for a crime by using the name of the other person; or
(5) Impersonates another, assumes a false identity or makes a false or misleading statement, in the course of making an oral or written application for services, with the purpose of avoiding payment for prior services. Purpose to avoid payment for prior services may be presumed upon proof that the person has not made full payment for prior services and has impersonated another, assumed a false identity or made a false or misleading statement regarding the identity of any person in the course of making oral or written application for services.
c. A person who violates subsection a. of this section is guilty of a crime as follows:
(1) If the actor obtains a benefit or deprives another of a benefit in an amount less than $ 500 and the offense involves the identity of one victim, the actor shall be guilty of a crime of the fourth degree except that a second or subsequent conviction for such an offense constitutes a crime of the third degree; or
(2) If the actor obtains a benefit or deprives another of a benefit in an amount of at least $ 500 but less than $ 75,000, or the offense involves the identity of at least two but less than five victims, the actor shall be guilty of a crime of the third degree; or
(3) If the actor obtains a benefit or deprives another of a benefit in the amount of $ 75,000 or more, or the offense involves the identity of five or more victims, the actor shall be guilty of a crime of the second degree.
We can represent you with regard to any criminal charge in New Jersey including these computer crimes:
- Computer Theft
- Distribution of Child Pornography
- Identity Theft
- Pirated Recordings
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Trafficking in Identifying information
- Unlawful Access to Stored Communications
- Wrongful Access
With office in New Brunswick,, we can represent you in any court in New Jersey. Call us today to speak to a tough, smart New Jersey attorney and begin the fight against your charges.
Contact Jack Venturi Law to speak with a New Jersey lawyer regarding your case.
Free Initial Consultations
All major credit cards accepted
Weekend and evening appointments available