New Jersey Obstruction Lawyer
Criminal Defense Attorney
Obstruction is a vague law in New Jersey. As a result, our attorneys have seen a wide variety of fact patterns that have given rise to obstruction charges. Regardless of the facts of the case, our attorneys fight hard to get the result that the client expects. Because this is a common offense, our attorneys have successfully defended clients in courts across New Jersey. Thus, if you are facing obstruction charges in any court in New Jersey, call the attorneys that will fight for you!
With an office in New Brunswick, our criminal defense lawyers can represent you in any court in New Jersey. Call us today to speak to a tough, smart attorney and begin the fight against your charges.
2C:29-1. Obstructing administration of law or other governmental function
a. A person commits an offense if he purposely obstructs, impairs or perverts the administration of law or other governmental function or prevents or attempts to prevent a public servant from lawfully performing an official function by means of flight, intimidation, force, violence, or physical interference or obstacle, or by means of any independently unlawful act. This section does not apply to failure to perform a legal duty other than an official duty, or any other means of avoiding compliance with law without affirmative interference with governmental functions.
b. An offense under this section is a crime of the fourth degree if the actor obstructs the detection or investigation of a crime or the prosecution of a person for a crime, otherwise it is a disorderly persons offense.
Our New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorneys can represent you with any of these common criminal offenses in any municipal court:
- Simple Assault, N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1(a)
- Criminal Mischief , N.J.S.A. 2C:17-3
- Trespassing, Defiant Trespass, N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3
- Hazing, N.J.S.A. 2C:40-3
- Shoplifting, N.J.S.A. 2C:20-11
- Obstruction, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-1
- Resisting Arrest, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-2
- Hindering Apprehension, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-3
- Contempt, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-9
- Disorderly Conduct , N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2
- Harassment N.J.S.A. 2C:33-4
- Vandalism, Graffiti, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-10, 2C:33-11
- Maintaining a Nuisance, 2C:33-12
- Underage Possession of Alcohol, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-15
- Loitering to Obtain CDS, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2.1
- Providing Alcohol to Minors, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-17
- Smoking in Public, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-13
With an office in New Brunswick, our criminal defense lawyers can represent you in any court in New Jersey. Call us today to speak to a tough, capable attorney and begin the fight against your charges.
Contact Jack Venturi Law to speak with a New Jersey lawyer regarding your case.
Free Initial Consultations
All major credit cards accepted
Weekend and evening appointments available