New Jersey Possession With Intent Lawyers
2C:35-5. Manufacturing, distributing or dispensing
Drug crimes account for the vast majority of cases in New Jersey courts. In addition to possible incarceration, defendants convicted of and CDS crime in New Jersey face 6 to 24 months of driver’s license suspension, a criminal record and high fines. Our New Jersey CDS defense attorneys will fight for you regardless of what type of possession or distribution charge you are facing. With four offices in New Jersey, our CDS defense attorneys can represent you in any court in New Jersey. For more than 38 years, we have fought for thousands of clients and successfully defended them against all New Jersey CDS charges.
If your child has been accused of a crime it is important that neither you or your children answer questions, make statements or consent to searches by law enforcement.
Call 732-247-3340 today for a
free 30 minute consultation.
Our New Jersey CDS defense attorneys can represent you in any court in New Jersey with regard to any of these charges:
- Possession of Marijuana, 2C:35-10A(4)
- Distribution of Marijuana, 2C:35-5b(10)
- Drug Paraphernalia, 2C:36-2
- Possession of Hypodermic Needle, 2C:36-6
- Possession of CDS, 2C:35-10
- Possession of Prescription Drugs, 2C:35-24
- Possession With Intent, 2C:35-5
- School Zone, 2C:35-7
- Distribution on Public Property, 2C:35-7.1
- Maintaining a CDS Production Facility, 2C:35-4
- Manufacturing Flunitrazepam, 2C:35-5.3
- Possession of Flunitrazepam, 2C:35-10.3
- Manufacturing Gamma Hydroxybutyrate, 2C:35-5.2
- Possession of Gamma Hydroxybutyrate, 2C:35-10.2
- Meth, 2C:35-5b(9)
- Obtaining CDS by Fraud, 2C:35-13
- Drug-Induced Deaths, 2C:35-9
- Employing a Juvenile in Drug Distribution, 2C:35-6
- Leader of Narcotics Trafficking Network, 2C:35-3
- LSD, 2C:35-5b(7)
2C:35-5. Possession with the intent to distribute
a. it shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or purposely:
(1) To manufacture, distribute or dispense, or to possess or have under his control with intent to manufacture, distribute or dispense, a controlled dangerous substance or controlled substance analog; or
(2) To create, distribute, or possess or have under his control with intent to distribute, a counterfeit controlled dangerous substance.
b. Any person who violates subsection a. with respect to:
(1) Heroin, or its analog, or coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, or analogs, except that the substances shall not include decocainized coca leaves or extractions which do not contain cocaine or ecogine, or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine or 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine, in a quantity of five ounces or more including any adulterants or dilutants is guilty of a crime of the first degree. The defendant shall, except as provided in N.J.S. 2C:35-12, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment by the court. The term of imprisonment shall include the imposition of a minimum term which shall be fixed at, or between, one-third and one-half of the sentence imposed, during which the defendant shall be ineligible for parole. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection a. of N.J.S. 2C:43-3, a fine of up to $ 500,000.00 may be imposed;
(2) A substance referred to in paragraph (1) of this subsection, in a quantity of one-half ounce or more but less than five ounces, including any adulterants or dilutants is guilty of a crime of the second degree;
(3) A substance referred to in paragraph (1) of this subsection in a quantity less than one-half ounce including any adulterants or dilutants is guilty of a crime of the third degree except that, notwithstanding the provisions of subsection b. of N.J.S. 2C:43-3, a fine of up to $ 75,000.00 may be imposed;
Our narcotics defense lawyers will fight you in any court in New Jersey. With an office in New Brunswick, our team of tough, smart criminal defense lawyers are easy to reach from anywhere in New Jersey. Call us today to begin the fight against your New Jersey drug charges!
Contact Jack Venturi Law to speak with an experienced lawyer regarding your case.
Free Initial Consultations
All major credit cards accepted
Weekend and evening appointments available