New Brunswick DUI Attorney
There is no difference between a DUI and a DWI in New Jersey. If a person with a BAC of .08% or greater operates a motor vehicle or a boat, they are considered to be driving under the influence (DUI). All it takes is a properly administered blood alcohol reading to be convicted of a DUI. The charges associated with this offense are largely based on the amount of alcohol in your system and whether or not you have any prior DUI convictions.
However, breath test readings are not always accurate and traffic stops aren’t always performed by the book. You could very well be convicted of a DUI based on inaccurate evidence.
If you are facing charges or allegations of a DUI/DWI, you need a criminal defense attorney with experience.
As one of the leading criminal defense attorneys in New Jersey, Jack Venturi will build an effective and aggressive case on your behalf. His team of highly skilled DUI attorneys will dissect the details of your traffic stop. Was there just cause for the stop? How was sobriety determined? If you consented to a breathalyzer, was the test administered and read properly? Jack Venturi is your best chance at avoiding a conviction.
A DUI is taken very seriously in New Jersey and comes with some hefty penalties such as:
- Fines, fees and surcharges
- License suspension
- Ignition interlock device
- Jail time
- Community service
New Jersey DUI Statue §NJSA 39:4 – 50
At Jack Venturi Law, our New Jersey defense lawyer will vigorously defend you in Municipal Court against traffic offense charges as well as the following common criminal offenses:
- Simple assault, N.J.S.A. 2C:12-1(a)
- Criminal mischief, N.J.S.A. 2C:17-3
- Trespassing, defiant trespass, N.J.S.A. 2C:18-3
- Hazing, N.J.S.A. 2C:40-3
- Shoplifting, N.J.S.A. 2C:20-11
- Obstruction, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-1
- Resisting arrest, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-2
- Hindering apprehension, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-3
- Contempt, N.J.S.A. 2C:29-9
- Disorderly conduct, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2
- Harassment N.J.S.A. 2C:33-4
- Vandalism, graffiti, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-10, 2C:33-11
- Maintaining a Nuisance, 2C:33-12
- Underage possession of alcohol, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-15
- Loitering to obtain CDS, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-2.1
- Providing alcohol to minors, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-17
- Smoking in public, N.J.S.A. 2C:33-13
Our New Brunswick DUI attorney can represent you in any court in New Jersey, including Edison, Elizabeth, Somerville, Princeton, Woodbridge, Newark, Hopewell, Pennington, Trenton, Hightstown, East Windsor, Robbinsville, Hamilton, West Windsor, Lawrence and Ewing.