Theft Crime Defense Lawyer in New Brunswick
Also Representing Clients in Middlesex County
Theft (2C:20-2), referred to as larceny in some states, is a very common offense in New Jersey. The theft chapter of New Jersey’s criminal code covers everything from auto theft to shoplifting to computer crimes. For most crimes, the level of the offense is based on the amount stolen. Less than $200 is a disorderly person’s offense, $200 to $500 is a fourth degree offense, $500 to $75,000 is a third degree offense and over $75,000 is a second degree offense. Thus, a good lawyer not only attacks the crime, but also the value of the items allegedly taken.
Although not included in the theft chapter of the criminal code, the offenses listed in the fraud and forgery chapter are related. For example, successfully cashing a forged check usually results in the offenses of forgery for writing the check, uttering for presenting the check and theft for taking the money. Also listed in the Fraud and Forgery chapter is the offense of Credit Card Theft. If you are charged with theft in any court in New Jersey, call Jack Venturi Law.
Our New Brunswick theft crime defense attorney can help you with any of these crimes:
- Removal of Headstones and Other Markers from Gravesites, 2C:20-2.3
- Theft by Unlawful Taking or Disposition, 2C:20-3
- Theft of Movable Property, 2C:20-3a
- Theft of Immovable Property, 2C:20-3b
- Theft by Deception, 2C:20-4
- Theft by Extortion, 2C:20-5
- Theft of Property Lost, Mislaid, or Delivered by Mistake, 2C:20-6
- Receiving Stolen Property, 2C:20-7
- Fencing, 2C:20-7.1
- Possession of Altered Property, 2C:20-7.1a
- Dealing in Stolen Property, 2C:20-7.1b
- Theft of Services, 2C:20-8
- Theft of Public Utility Services, 2C:20-8
- Meter Tampering, 2C:20-8
- Theft by Failure to Make Required Disposition of Property Received, 2C:20-9
- Embezzlement, 2C:20-9
- Unlawful Taking of Means of Conveyance, 2C:20-10
- Joyriding, 2C:20-10c
- Shoplifting, 2C:20-11
- Possession of Antishoplifting Device or Countermeasure, 2C:20-11(f)
- Leader of an Organized Retail Theft Enterprise, 2C:20-11.2
- Theft of Library Materials, 2C:20-13
- Maintaining or Operating Premises for Sale of Stolen Automobiles, 2C:20-16
- Employment of Juvenile to Commit Automobile Theft, 2C:20-17
- Leader of Auto Theft Trafficking Network, 2C:20-18
- Computer Criminal Activity, 2C:20-25
- Computer Related Theft, 2C:20-25
- Disclosure of Data from Wrongful Access, 2C:20-31
- Copy or Alteration of Program or Software, 2C:20-33
- Prohibited Transactions involving Food Stamp Coupons, 2C:30-6
- Prohibited Transactions involving ATP Card, 2C:20-37
- Credit Card Theft, 2C:21-6(c)
We have the experience, knowledge and innovative defense tactics to help protect you as well as your family, career and reputation. When you hire Jack Venturi he will craft a strategy that is uniquely tailored to help achieve the result you want in your case. His battle plan to attack the allegations against you is then immediately started so we can get ahead of the case.
Day or night, weekday or weekend, call Jack Venturi Law at F:P:Sub:Phone} to speak to an aggressive lawyer that can represent you in any New Jersey State or Federal court. With an office in New Brunswick, our offices are easy to reach from anywhere in New Jersey.
Contact Jack Venturi Law to speak with an experienced lawyer regarding your case.
Assault Not Guilty
Possession of 2 Handguns Probation with No Prison Time
Identity Theft Charges Not Guilty
Kidnapping and Aggravated Assault Lesser Charge
Murder and Weapons Charges Lesser Charge
Possessing a Prohibited Device/Weapon Lesser Charge
Possession of a Handgun Not Guilty
If needed, our firm will go to battle for you. We will fight to defend your rights and protect your future.
We are creative and insightful in finding weak points in the prosecution's case and developing the best defenses.
We will go the extra mile to ensure that we do everything we can in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
Decades of Experience
Attorney Jack Venturi has four decades of legal experience. His vast knowledge of law sets him apart from his competitors.