Fierce And Committed Defense Against Weapons Charges
Although the Second Amendment gives everyone the right to bear arms, possessing guns or other weapons in New Jersey is often looked at with a suspicious eye by law enforcement. In addition, penalties for firearms charges in New Jersey can be very harsh, with some requiring mandatory and lengthy periods of prison – even for first-time offenders. You may also lose your right to own a firearm. Thus, the best defense for your case may depend on what lawyer you call.
If you are suspected or charged with any firearms or weapons offense, our aggressive criminal defense attorney at Jack Venturi Law can help. Allow Jack Venturi to put his experience, knowledge, and aggressiveness to work for you. He is the lawyer that can fight for you.
Fighting All Weapon-Related Charges
Whether you are a hunter, a collector, or just the average citizen, a New Jersey weapons charge can ruin your career and your reputation. We recognize that your possession or use of a gun may be completely legal. However, New Jersey law enforcement may have another opinion. Our tough and smart New Brunswick weapon offense attorney can work quickly to convince them otherwise and eliminate the charges against you. Additionally, if your property is taken, we will do everything we can to get it back because you have the right to hunt, maintain a collection, and protect your family.
We can assist you with any of the following weapon and firearm-related charges:
- Destructive Devices, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(a)
- Sawed-off Shotguns, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(b)
- Silencers, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(c)
- Defaced Firearms, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(d)
- Knives and other weapons, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(e)
- Dum-dum or Body Armor Penetrating Bullets, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-3(f)
- Possession of Weapons for Unlawful Purpose, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4
- Imitation Firearms, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4(e)
- Possession of Weapons During the Commission of Certain Crimes, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4.1
- Unlawful Possession of Weapons, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5
- Possession of a Machine Gun, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5(a)
- Assault Firearms, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5(f)
- Certain Persons Not to Have Weapons, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-7
- Unlawful disposition of Firearm, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-9
- Sale of Large Hunting Knives to Persons Under Eighteen, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-9.1
- Violation of Regulatory Provisions Relating to Firearms, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-10
- Providing False Information on Gun Permits and Applications, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-10(c),(d),(e),(f)
- Unlawful Use of Body Vests, N.J.S.A. 2C:39-13
- Armed Robbery, N.J.S.A. 2C:15-1
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
A thorough and aggressive defense and the results of your case are important to us here at Jack Venturi Law. We will treat you like an individual and listen to your needs. You are never just another client or another case number. Our New Brunswick firearm and weapon offense attorney will take all measures to protect your rights, your family, and your future. As soon as we are hired to represent you, we will develop strategies to effectively defend you. You can rest assured that you are in capable hands.
If you are facing charges, give us a call at 732-798-7002 today or send us a message via email.